|Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
We are currently requiring Senior Accountant who will be responsible for the accounting and administration of the treasury operations in respect of banks and petty cash.
· Manage cash and cheques collections for all schools.
· Match bank deposit slips the collections records from all schools on a weekly basis.
· Deposit cash and cheques to bank in a timely manner.
· Prepare petty cash for all schools after reviewing instructions in accordance with Company policy.
· File and maintain accounting documents together i.e. petty cash vouchers, petty cash expense summary, approved petty cash forms and invoices.
· Manage closing of petty cash and record necessary entries into GL every month for all schools.
· Custody Head Office petty cash and take all safeguard measures while bringing collections and depositing into bank accounts.
· Prepare bank reconciliation with GL for all schools.
· Clear quick pays and payments for all schools.
· Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of cash and banking transactions.
· Handle Finance Officers’ correspondence via phone or email concerning petty cash, collections’ status, and other related matters.
· Prepare monthly schedules for;
- collections from all schools,
- cheques in hand;
- postdated cheques for all schools &
- quick pays (cleared and uncleared),
· Act as a liaison between the company and external auditors to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
· Provide all other information and perform all other tasks as and when requested by the Management.
· Manage Fixed Asset Module in Oracle and transfer it to GL every month end for all schools (if applicable).
· Execute depreciation every month end for all schools and ensures it matches with general ledger (if applicable).
Qualifications and requirements
· Bachelor’s degree / higher education in Accounting or Finance.
· Two or more years of experience in same role.
· Strong computer and business solutions software skills.
· Must speak English. Knowledge of Arabic may be considered.
· Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.