|Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
ADNOC Schools are seeking a high performing Career Counselor.
ADNOC Schools are a Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in Abu Dhabi and Western Region, which is the most highly regarded and successful public school curriculum in the United States.
The Massachusetts Curriculum draws on a rich history of academic excellence and rigor, and has historically benefited from proximity to and interaction with higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Graduates of ADNOC Schools will receive the American High School Diploma, which is the standard qualification for entry into colleges and US universities.
The Career Counselor serves the students and families, primarily in 9th - 12th grades, by providing a programme which focuses on the major aspects of the career counseling and college planning/placement process. With a goal of 100% college acceptance, or indeed internship or other relevant opportunities for students, the College/Career Counselor works in coordination with each student’s teachers and other members of the faculty, as well as with the school administration, to assist students in discovering their strengths and interests, exploring career alternatives and finding institutions of higher learning which will meet these interests, strengths and values. He/she develops an associated Curriculum that supports students in their exploration of career alternatives and helps them understand the college application processes in UAE, US, UK, Canada and Europe.
The College Counselor designs and directs a program of activities to assist students with college planning in 9th-12th grades including: academic preparation for college, meeting both graduation and college acceptance requirements, college searches, school and financial sponsorship or support applications, scholarship searches, testing, recommendations, and transition to college.
● Hold relevant Counselor qualifications if appropriate.
● Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in applicable field of study/education from an accredited college or university. A teaching qualification is desirable.
● Demonstrated experience with experiential or project-based learning.
● Excellent knowledge and understanding of the teaching and learning process.
● Demonstrated success in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach.
● 3+ years of experience in the college admissions process, either guiding high school students in their application process or serving at the college level in admissions or career counseling.
● Dedication and expertise in counseling a range of students in the career planning and college process, including those whose families have long been oriented toward college as well as those for whom college application and attendance is a new and unfamiliar.
● Evidence of high levels of organizational skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with students, parents, and colleagues in the school.
● Interest in the mission and educational goals of Aldar including readiness to continue building the school’s career planning and college counseling program, and the ability to advocate for the school & its students in the college process.
● Knowledge of the financial sponsorship and support process.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work with diverse populations
The successful candidate will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copy of passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. In the CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.