|Location:||Madinat Zayed - Western Region, Abu Dhabi|
ADNOC Schools are seeking a high performing School Counselor commencing in January 2019.
The School Counselor will assist students with personal, family, educational, mental health, or career problems. The counsellors will advocate for students and work with other individuals and organizations to promote the academic, career, personal, and social development of the student.
About the School:
ADNOC Schools are a Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in Abu Dhabi and Western Region, which is the most highly regarded and successful public school curriculum in the United States.
The Massachusetts Curriculum draws on a rich history of academic excellence and rigor, and has historically benefited from proximity to and interaction with higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Graduates of ADNOC Schools will receive the American High School Diploma, which is the standard qualification for entry into colleges and US universities.
· Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth
· Monitor the progress of individual students
· Make contact with parents to discuss student behaviour
· Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying
· Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques
· Help students understand and deal with social, behaviour, and personal problems
· Emphasize preventive and developmental counselling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
· Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes, identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
· Identifies areas that would be appropriate for intervention in the form of group counselling and regularly forms and leads appropriate groups.
· Utilizes both large (classroom) groups and small groups to make appropriate academic and behavioural interventions.
· Bachelor Degree in Counselling / Psychology/Social Work
· Minimum of 2 years school counselling or other counselling experience required
· Appropriate license to carry-out student counselling
· Strong interpersonal skills with both students and parents
· Demonstrable organizational skills
· Strong desire to help others and should be able to inspire respect, trust, and confidence
· Must possess high emotional and physical energy to handle the array of problems addressed.
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.