Position Details: Librarian and Library Assistant
|Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Librarian and Library Assistant
ADNOC Schools are seeking a high performing Librarian and Library Assistant for Immediate Joining
The successful applicants must be under sponsorship and will be offered a term time only contract.
ADNOC Schools are a Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in Abu Dhabi and Western Region, which is the most highly regarded and successful public school curriculum in the United States.
The Massachusetts Curriculum draws on a rich history of academic excellence and rigor, and has historically benefited from proximity to and interaction with higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Graduates of ADNOC Schools will receive the American High School Diploma, which is the standard qualification for entry into colleges and US universities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Librarian to deliver ‘library information literacy’ sessions to ensure that pupils are able to find the resources they require whether books/magazines or on-line, enabling pupils to become independent and effective library users.
- Assisting with selecting and ordering new books appropriate to each Key Stage and interests of the pupils, as well as the requirements from the teachers for resources to support the curriculum topics.
- Liaising with teachers to ensure that topic-related resources are distributed to the classrooms as and when required.
- Cataloguing all resources into the automated library system, ‘Oliver’. All resources must be catalogued according to the Dewey system. Books must be labeled and covered.
- Maintaining the library database – ensuring that records of all pupils and teachers are up to date.
- Following up overdue books from both pupils and teachers; receiving money for lost or damaged books; repairing damaged books.
- Assisting the Librarian in maintaining an attractive library environment, which caters for all pupils’ needs, to sit and read quietly or to carry out independent study.
- Promoting reading through attractive displays to encourage pupils to enjoy a wide range of literature to foster a love of books to become life-long readers. Keeping up to date with new releases to be able to recommend books to pupils.
- Assisting the Librarian to arrange author visits and arrange book fairs with local bookshops.
- Assist the Librarian with the Running the ‘Book Club’ where pupils can order books from a catalogue, consolidate the order for the whole school and distribute books when they arrive.
- Signing books in and out and re-shelving the returned books.
- Liaising with teaching and non-teaching staff and responding to enquiries on matters within the post holder’s responsibility.
Applicants must have a minimum of High School Degree or BA Degree and will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.