|Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
Classroom Assistant - Abu Dhabi Campus
ADNOC Schools are currently seeking Classroom Assistants for its schools in the United Arab Emirates for immediate joining.
The successful candidate will be based in a year group and will generally be assigned to a class. The role will be to support that class or to carry out other duties within their specified year group as directed by the class teacher or Head of Year.
ADNOC Schools are a Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in Abu Dhabi and across Al Dhafra Region: Sas Al Nakhl Campus, Ruwais Campus, Madinat Zayed Campus, and Ghayathi Campus.
· Academic assistance such as supporting guided reading, group intervention, AR etc. however interventions should not be the exclusive role of a classroom assistant.
· Giving group instruction under the guidance of the teacher.
· Providing 1:1 support and instruction under the direction of the teacher.
· Demonstrating activities.
· Monitoring, assessing and reporting on work under the direction of the teacher.
· Correcting student’s work while in progress.
· Using positive behaviour strategies in line with the school/class behaviour policy.
· Following the school discipline and behaviour policy when dealing with negative and inappropriate student behaviour.
· Supervising students in and around the school during lessons and break-times as directed.
· Supervising students when on educational visits.
· Preparing resources for the Teacher/ Vice Principal / Principal.
· Keeping appropriate records.
· Organising materials at the start and end of the day.
· Sorting, distributing materials and resources.
· Checking attendance.
· Conversing with parents under the direction of the teacher.
· Participating in training and workshops where advised.
· Taking part in an annual cycle of performance management.
· Classroom assistants may be requested to assist on school trips.
· BA Degree or High School qualifications
· Experience in working with children
· Passion and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or Police Check
If you would like to work with us please send a letter of application and CV, together with copy of passport, education certificates and police clearance. In the CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal or Head of Year.